Thursday, December 17, 2009

Capitulation to Geekiness

I've had this long post bashing around in my head for a while now, but I've taken four or five runs at it and it's not working, so I'm gonna put some filler up here, just so there's a buffer between two consecutive power rankings.

So, a while ago, I don't remember how long, I got a five dollar bill in my change. I suppose that's not all that unusual, but some artistic soul had decided it needed improving upon:



Kind of silly, but I liked it. I don't know, the vertical lines along the brow line remind me of a Roman centurion-style helmet, with the full manly gladiator beard. I got a kick out of it, so I never spent it, it's just been kicking around my apartment for months.

Now, I don't remember where I first obtained this objet d'art, but I'm gonna have to assume it was somewhere in my neighbourhood, because the local video store just bestowed me with this:




I gotta tell you, I had no idea Sir Wilfred Laurier had such malleable features. This makes me happy on far too many levels, and I can only hope this mad scribbler continues getting inspired, because these two bills are now out of circulation.

No comments: